Windstream allows its users to set up their email account on any device with any email clients such as Outlook. If you want to merge your Windstream and Outlook accounts together, you must configure the Windstream email settings on Outlook 2007 profile on any computer or mobile device.
Wondering what settings should you be using while setting up your Windstream account? Worry not! Today, in this blog, we have compiled all the correct Windstream incoming and outgoing mail settings that you must configure to be able to access your account.
Hence, stick to this quick blog and learn the step-wise method of how to set up your Windstream email account on Outlook profile.
- At first, start the device on which you would like to access both the account and then, open the Outlook account on it.
- Select the ‘File’ button from the Outlook homepage and browse its options to click on the ‘Add Account’ tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Manually configure Windstream email account settings’ on the Add Account page and then, hit on the ‘Next’ option.
- On the next page, you will have to select the option of Internet Email and then provide the enlisted details as your Windstream Email Login information.
- Next to the ‘Your Name’ tab, type your ‘First and Last name ‘.
- Next to the ‘Email Address’ tab, enter the ‘Windstream email address’.
- Pick the option of ‘IMAP’ by the drop-down options of ‘Select Account Type’.
- The page for entering email settings will open as per your selected Windstream account type.
- On the same page, you must enter the details as mentioned below:
|Incoming Mail Server||imap.windstream.net|
|Outgoing Mail Server||smtp.windstream.net|
- For the Authentication process, you will have to provide the Windstream email address and password again.
- After entering the initial email settings for IMAP and SMTP servers, you will have to go back to the previous page where your Windstream email account can be selected.
- Click on your newly added account and then choose the option of ‘More Settings’.
- Once you open the ‘More Settings page, you will have to select the ‘Advanced tab’.
- On the Advanced settings of ‘Windstream email account’, at first, check the box of ‘SSL’.
This will enable the encrypted connection that you need for the IMAP mail server.
Windstream Email IMAP or SMTP Settings
- Now, enter the ‘993’ number as the ‘IMAP port number’ to complete the incoming settings.
- Similarly, check the box of ‘TLS’ and enable the encrypted connection for the SMTP server.
- Enter the ‘587’ number as the ‘SMTP port number’ to complete the outgoing settings.
- After entering the above-mentioned details, if you are asked to enter the email address and password, provide it and click on the ‘OK’ and Next’ buttons one by one.
- To complete the entire setup and make your account ready for use, you will have to click on the ‘Finish’ and ‘Done’.
Congratulations, you just finished configuring the correct Windstream email settings on Outlook 2007 profile. Now, you can very conveniently access both the accounts on one device.