Are you looking for a procedure to set up Windstream email on android? Then here we are to make your task easier and quicker. The following guide brings to you the Windstream email settings on android manual procedure for the device.
So, just follow the steps mentioned below one by one and end up setting your Windstream email account on the Android device.
- Quickly take out your Android device and open the ‘Application’ tray on it.
- From the shown applications, open the ‘Mail’, ‘Gmail’, or ‘Email’ application whatever you have.
- You will see the name of the account that is already configured on that application. Now, under the same, you will see an option that reads, ‘Add Account’, click on it.
- On the next screen of your Android phone, you will have to enter the following details of your Windstream email account and then, you must click on the ‘Next’ tab to continue.
- Email Address (Then, click on the Next option).
- Password (On the next screen)
- Now, towards the end of the screen, you will see two options, ‘Manual’ or ‘Sign In’. If you click on the ‘Sign In’ button your Windstream email account will be configured automatically and you will not have to enter the email settings. But, you must click on the ‘Manual’ to make sure that the incoming and outgoing settings are correctly configured.
- After clicking on the ‘Manual Settings’, you will have to select the type of your Windstream account.
Here, you can select either IMAP or POP. Experts suggest to always choose IMAP as this server type will let you browse all the incoming and outgoing emails on any device you want (on which you have signed up your account).
Windstream Email IMAP Settings
- ‘imap.windstream.net’ in the ‘IMAP – Incoming Mail Server’ tab.
- Enter 993 in the tab that reads ‘IMAP Port Number’.
- Provide your Username and Password of Windstream account.
- Once the server port number and hostname are entered, enable the ‘SSL’ connection.
Windstream Email SMTP Settings
- Then enter the 143 as the Outgoing Port Number and ‘smtp.windstream.net’ as the Server Hostname.
- Set the same connection for the SMTP mail server and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, to finish the process of setting up your Windstream email account on an Android device, click on the ‘Done’ option.
In case, if you are asked to provide the name of your account that will be displayed on your ‘Account’ section of the Mail app, enter a name and save it.Just after a quick follow up on this page, you have successfully setting up windstream email on android. Now, check your Windstream Email Settings and browse your Windstream Email Login account on Android conveniently.